Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Primal Challenge Day 2

I think I'm going to do most measurements weekly rather than daily, but I will track my weight daily.

weight: 135 lbs (-1.4)

breakfast: none


lunch:
salad - escarole, radicchio, endive, carrots, celery, cucumbers, bacon, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil
topped with leftover steak from last night's dinner
roasted unsalted almonds
primal limeade - water, lime juice, stevia


snack:
chai - coconut chai teabag, heavy cream, stevia
homemade beef jerky
1 oz cheddar cheese


dinner:
barbecue skillet - onions and cabbage browned in ghee, kielbasa, chicken, pinch of bbq rub, 2T of bbq sauce, topped with shredded cheddar


dessert:
baked raspberries and peaches topped with grated dark chocolate and mint leaves; I used a 6oz container of raspberries and 1 peach for 2 people

exercise:
4.3 miles of strenuous walking, part of it uphill. Really got my heart rate up and the sweat was pouring off me!

5 comments:

Mark said...

Good looking chow!

Flowerdew Onehundred said...

I love Kielbasa, but I have not found any without added sugars. Where did you find it?

Yummy said...

Elizabeth- where do you get coconut chai tea bags???? I must have some!!! I love Numi Tea's chai.

Elizabeth said...

Mark - Thanks!

Flowerdew - I get the Wellshire brand kielbasa at Whole Foods. It's also supposedly nitrate-free.

YG - The brand I have is Zhena's Gypsy Tea and I got it at Whole Foods. Looks like you can order it online too: http://www.gypsytea.com/Coconut-Chai-P43C12.aspx

Yummy said...

Thanks Elizabeth - I am so getting that this weekend!